The Hudson Centre helps transform the lives of people with a particular emphasis on “life after recovery” .
The Hudson Centre’s success is based on years of research, experience and dedication. Everyone who comes to The Hudson Centre is treated with respect, compassion and empathy.
About Robert Hudson
Robert Hudson is the clinical director and founder of The Hudson Centre. He started The Hudson Centre in 2008 because he recognised that people in crisis need a safe, caring yet professional environment. His vision was to create a place where people struggling with sex addiction can talk candidly and honestly, get the information they need and learn the tools that will help them, take back control of their lives and go on to live healthy lives.
Seven years on, that vision remains The Hudson Centre’s reason for being and Robert has gone on to become a pioneer in the treatment of sexual addiction in the UK. Prior to opening The Hudson Centre, Robert spent 8 years working with children and families suffering from abuse and trauma, child sexual abuse and as a social worker with adults dealing with mental health issues.
Robert has built up extensive experience working in private practice where he has treated individuals, same sex and heterosexual couples and groups. Robert is an integrative psychotherapist and his model of care draws on humanistic, psychoanalytic/psychodynamic and cognitive behavioural models. Robert is totally committed to his clients and is passionate about helping them. He is well respected by his colleagues and peers and takes an active role in promoting and participating in the psychology and therapist community. Robert actively considers issues of diversity, sexuality and equality as these affect all aspects of his work.
A UKCP registered psychotherapist, Robert specialises in Sex Addiction therapy and recovery. A certified Sex Addiction & Trauma Specialist and CSAT-S Supervisor, he is a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and an accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT) as well as a Member of the International Institute for Sexual Medicine (ISSM).
- BSc Degree & Dip S.W., University of North London.
- MSc in Social Policy and Management, Guildhall University.
- MA & Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Minster Centre and the Middlesex University.
- Accredited for Practice by the United Kingdom for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP.
- An accredited member College of Sex and Relationship Therapy COSRT.
- London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling Accredited by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy.
- Certified Sex Addiction and Trauma Specialist CSAT-S trained practitioner affiliated with IITAP.
- Certified Sex Addiction Supervison
Specialism and Interests:
- Sexual Addiction Treatment Programme
- Trauma Treatment
- Relationship between fathers and sons
- Identity confusion and change
- Self-esteem and shame
- Diversity and differences
- Intercultural issues
- Relationship therapy
- Sex therapy and psychosexual difficulties
- Love Avoidance and Love Addiction
- Anxiety /Depression
- Addictions – drugs & alcohol
- Male survivors of sexual abuse and sexual trauma